COVID-19 FYI - School Health & Safety Precautions
The health and safety of our students, parents and staff is our highest priority. As concerns over the spread of COVID-19 grows across the nation, please read about measures Advantage Academy (AA) is taking now to mitigate the spread of the virus.
WHAT THE SCHOOL IS DOING NOW?
AA is working daily with TEA and public health officials to help guide our decision-making around school reentry and modified school district operations.
CLEANING OF SCHOOL FACILITIES AND SCHOOL BUSES
Advantage Academy is taking the necessary steps and preventive measures to help protect our students and staff who will use school facilities and buses daily. All district school facilities are cleaned and disinfected as required and where use is happening during summer months. Facilities are deep cleaned and sanitized nightly by the school’s contracted cleaning services. The district has purchased electrostatic disinfectant misting applicators to destroy germs on surfaces throughout buildings and buses. These disinfectant applicator systems are used daily to help reduce the spread of germs to students and staff.
CLOSURE AND EXCLUSION
AA will follow the advice of local health officials concerning school closure or student exclusion if COVID-19 symptoms are present. If a case of COVID-19 is confirmed (positive test result) in the District, the school is required to report it to the County Public Health Department immediately and follow their recommendations. Should circumstances warrant the cancelation of classes, the school will communicate that information by School Messenger, Facebook and Twitter and at https://www.advantageacademy.org
WHAT STUDENTS, PARENTS AND STAFF CAN DO NOW?
Review good hygiene with your family to help keep them safe. Examples of some routine, everyday preventive actions to lessen the spread of viruses include:
- If you or a member of your family is sick, stay home until fever-free for at least 24 hours without using fever-reducing medication.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Advantage Academy would like to thank each of our students, parents and staff for their support and cooperation as we work together to maintain a healthy and safe learning environment.