The School/Community Partnerships Department promotes the purpose and vision of Advantage Academy to Parents, Businesses and Faith-based organizations with the intent of establishing meaningful ongoing relationships, providing information and resources and creating student opportunities.
The Department organizes and communicates required procedures and processes to parents that provide guidance and information in areas such as: the state’s academic content; achievement standards; assessments being used; and the requirements of Title 1 Part A. Parents are also provided information and assistance in how to monitor their child’s school work and academic progress in order to improve achievement.
The School/Community Partnerships Department is comprised of various parental groups, a District Director and is responsible for the following:
- Integrate and coordinate parental engagement programs, and conduct other activities such as parent resource centers to encourage and support parents in more fully participating in the education of their children.
- Establish relationships with organizations, companies and businesses to encourage support of student programs, mentoring, funding and other mutual beneficial purposes.
- Develop programs with partners to incorporate community involvement, such as parent- partner days and various volunteer opportunities for students.
- Provide administrative support and guidance to PTO’s and other parent groups.
- Assist with parent meetings, orientations and training.
- Mediate parental complaints.