Advantage Academy believes that all students have unique abilities and can achieve success within an inclusive educational environment. Students who receive special education are educated in the least restrictive environment, whether that includes accomodations within a typical classroom or additional areas of support.
If a student is experiencing learning difficulties, support services are available based on Multi-Tired Support Systems (MTSS) and Response to Interention (RtI). Learn more about RtI.
A parent/guardian may request an evaluation for special education or Section 504 services at any time. Please contact the individual(s) listed below to learn about the District’s referral for support services.
Special Education and Section 504 Services:
Contact Person: Mr. Jeff Lavender, Intervention Coordinator
Phone Number: 214-276-5840
Additional Information and Resources
- TEA Student Special Populations Webpage
- Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Special Education Process
- Partners Resource Network
- Special Education Information Center
- Texas Project First
- Texas Transition
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide (Spanish)
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards (Spanish)
- The Parent’s Guide to the Admission, Review, and Dismissal Process
- The Parent’s Guide to the Admission, Review, and Dismissal Process (Spanish)
The Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex) provides resources and interactive features for increasing family awareness of disabilities and special education processes, with the goal of improving partnerships between schools and families.
Live Chat: www.spedtex.org