- Advantage Academy
5 Ways We Define a ChampionPosted by Advantage Academy on 5/12/2021 11:00:00 AM
Advantage Academy is a PK-12 tuition-free public charter school serving students in North Duncanville/SW Dallas, Grand Prairie, and Waxahachie. At Advantage Academy, we believe that every student deserves access to quality instruction, and every parent deserves choice in their child's education. We are proud of our students, our staff and our Champion Culture. Here’s what Champion means for us and how we enable champions everyday:
1. Building Champions.
Our motto is “Building Champions with a Future and a Hope.” At Advantage Academy, we not only want our students to believe in themselves, we guide our students to develop a hope for their lives and a sense of purpose for their future. One small way students are affirmed and motivated is through our champion pledge that gives voice to each student that they have what they need to be a champion!
2. Pledging to be a Champion.
“I have an amazing brain and unique gifts; Great things lie ahead of me; I can achieve what I need to achieve; I won’t quit believing in myself because I am a champion.”
Our elementary students recite our Champion Pledge each morning, along with the Pledge of Allegiance, Texas Pledge and a moment of silence. Our Champion pledge includes repeating the ideas that each Advantage Academy student is unique, has an amazing brain and can achieve their dreams.
“[The character program] has encouraged my son to reach high and not settle. It has helped him believe in himself, and he knows 'I am somebody.'" - Parent, AA GPW
3. Competing as a Champion.
Our small public charter school enables every athlete to play on our sports teams -- from elementary school to high school. Advantage Academy athletes are coached based on the values of character, leadership, sportsmanship, and citizenship.
Our athletic program is committed to ensuring that student athletes learn in the classroom and on the field of play. Sports offered at Advantage Academy are based on student interest and participation. We play flag football, basketball, softball, volleyball, baseball, cheerleading, tennis and track.
When we are able to resume team sports, we will! Every Advantage Academy student who has the heart for the game, can be on the team. This is a real benefit of being in a smaller, close-knit public charter school.
4. Living as a Champion.
Our seven pillars of character and leadership highlight the attitudes, goals, and mindset of champions! Champions have the tools, abilities, and confidence to make a difference within themselves and the world around them.
Character and leadership are at the core of our educational model at Advantage Academy. Through a district-wide Pillar of the Month and ongoing classroom enrichment, our students learn and incorporate these traits as part of their everyday language and culture.
5. Showcasing a Champion.
We believe in providing the best learning opportunities for every student. This includes engaging them -- mind, body, and spirit. In social studies, our Advantage Academy students create a future vision board to showcase what being a Champion means to them.
In our social studies classes, students engage in daily conversations about specific character traits that align with their personal vision for a champion; skills like creativity, communication, collaboration, character, citizenship, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
By recognizing our motto, learning the pledge, joining athletic teams and embracing our seven pillars -- our Advantage Academy Eagles can identify and assert the champion within!
About Advantage Academy
Advantage Academy prepares each unique PK-12 student for bright futures in our safe, healthy and faith-friendly charter school environment. Learning is active, nurturing and individualized, and our commitment to family and community engagement thrives alongside our character development, servant leadership, and focus on personal responsibility. We’re reimagining education to encompass the truth in American history, the importance of civic virtue, and the holistic value of service. Join our PK-12 tuition-free public charter school, today! Enrolling now.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend Advantage AcademyPosted by Advantage Academy on 5/4/2021 4:00:00 PM
Advantage Academy is a free public school serving students in North Duncanville/SW Dallas, Grand Prairie, and Waxahachie. At Advantage Academy, we believe that every student deserves access to quality instruction, and every parent deserves choice in their child's education. Through our small, safe, and supportive environment, we are dedicated to building champions with a future and a hope. Here are 10 reasons to attend our free K-12 charter school, today:
1. We are a small, highly supportive learning community. Our small school environment means every student is seen and heard for who they are and where they are on their K-12 educational journey. Every student is a name, not a number. We look out for our students -- and we know them, too.
2. We prioritize safety. Our zero tolerance for bullying means every student can focus on what matters -- learning, integrity and growth.
3. We offer student-centered before and after school programs to support our Advantage students and families. Currently available at our Waxahachie campus, our Grand Prairie West & North Duncanville campuses will begin offering both before and after care programs this fall, during our 2021-2022 school year. For our high school students in grades 9-12, The Boys & Girls Club of Grand Prairie is homebase for after school support.
4. Our dedicated teachers and administration want every student to thrive. That’s why we offer personalized programs such as 1:1 tutoring, mentoring, and social emotional learning. Our well-rounded, academic and holistic experiences create a scholastic environment where each Advantage Academy student can grow into their purpose for their future.
5. Our mission to prepare each student for the global society, by meeting their unique needs -- mind, body, and spirit -- informs everything we do. Our robust, personalized and purpose-driven academics are the backbone of our tuition-free school. We are reimagining education -- one student, one family, one classroom and one school at a time.
6. Our students are the leaders of tomorrow which is why we focus on developing character and leadership skills. We find every student’s unique strengths and we encourage growth. Our 7 PIllars of Character define our purpose-driven, faith-friendly approach. We, as compassionate teachers, administrators and staff, model the behavior we expect to see -- and we encourage our students every step of the way -- to grow into their self-confident, purpose- and faith-enabled best.
7. We foster the belief in every student -- that they are leaders, can impact the world around them, and are able to make the best decision for themselves. They are good citizens and from that, our commitment to our community grows. Our community matters deeply to us. We enhance our community relationships by partnering with local organizations and curating age-appropriate opportunities for students to get involved.
8. We are a tuition-free public school open to all. We are a diverse staff serving diverse students. We are proud to serve our students and families and to uphold our American and Texan ideals.
9. Advantage Academy enjoys many opportunities for parent and family involvement. From our Parent University webinars to our Parent Ambassador Program -- to our Thanksgiving luncheon and other numerous school events and festivals -- we are stronger and better, together.
10. Because we are a small school, we provide greater opportunities for ALL students. Every student can join a sports team or club -- unlike at large public schools with limited access. We offer plenty of extracurriculars and electives to augment every type of educational goals. From National Honor Society, to Flag Cub, to DECA, and Rotary -- plus athletics like baseball, softball, flag football, soccer, basketball, volleyball and more -- our Advantage Academy students realize a wide variety of leadership and scholastic endeavors as they grow and develop with us. “I am a champion” is a student-enabling pledge and our collective school effort to realize every student’s full potential.
About Advantage Academy
Advantage Academy prepares each unique K-12 student for bright futures in our safe, healthy and faith-friendly charter school environment. Learning is active, nurturing and individualized, and our commitment to family and community engagement thrives alongside our character development, servant leadership, and focus on personal responsibility. We’re reimagining education to encompass the truth in American history, the importance of civic virtue, and the holistic value of service. Join our K-12 tuition-free public charter school, today! Enrolling now.