Gifted and Talented
Students for the Gifted and Talented program are identified through a three step process: nomination, screening, and selection.
Students may be nominated by teachers or parents to determine eligibility for Gifted and Talented services. Please see Nomination Form (English/Spanish) pdf at the bottom of this page.
- Teachers will complete an observation inventory on nominees.
- Parents will complete the Parent Information Inventory and permission to test form.
- Nomination forms are collected throughout the school year. Candidates for screening are notified in the spring semester.
- Each campus has nomination forms with the GT coordinator.
- Nomination forms can also be found on the district website.
There are four areas of achievement considered during the screening process.
- Cognitive tests
- Achievement tests
- Parent/Teacher inventories
- Student Portfolio
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
GT Nomination Form
Online Learning and At Home Learning
- Mountain Creek Branch Library – Duncanville Campus
- Nicholas Sims Library – Waxahachie Campus
- Grand Prairie Library System – Grand Prairie Campuses
Resources for Parents and Teachers of Gifted Children