- Advantage Academy
Join us for Champion Camp!
AA 2nd-7th Grade families,
Dates: Monday, June 7, 2021 – Thursday, July 1 - 8:30 A.M. – 1:30 P.M.
(Free Breakfast 7:45 A.M. – 8:15 A.M.. & Lunch will be provided.)
We know that learning was challenging this year and some learning was lost due to this. We are offering a summer learning camp for students who need additional support recovering that lost learning. Champion Camp will provide targeted instruction in Reading and Math as well as fun enrichment opportunities in Art, Learning Games, and Physical Activities! There is also an exciting field trip planned for those students with perfect attendance on July 1! All of these learning experiences will help our students have a more successful return to school in August. All instruction will take place in person strictly adhering to health and safety protocols to keep your child healthy and safe.
Your child was identified by his/her teacher because they struggled at home in either Reading, Math, or both. It is strongly recommended that you take advantage of this incredible opportunity for your child to help prepare them for the demands of the next grade level. We hope to see you there!
Important notes of summer school:
- FREE breakfast and lunch!
- Summer school/ summer program dress code: Monday through Thursday - Advantage Academy uniforms Friday - Jeans and district spirit shirts
- Students may not arrive before 7:45 a.m. to ensure the safety of your child.
- Students must not remain on campus after 1:30 p.m. to ensure the safety of your child.
- *Transportation is provided daily for students traveling from our North Duncanville campus to our Grand Prairie West campus. Parents MUST drop-off students in the morning at the North Duncanville campus no later than 7:25 AM. The bus will depart the campus promptly at 7:30 AM. Parents MUST pick-up students in the afternoon at the North Duncanville campus by 1:45 PM. Teachers will not be on duty at the North Duncanville campus to monitor students for late pick-ups.
- Our Daily Attendance Guidelines are followed during the summer program; students absent (2) days may be removed from the camp and course credit may not be granted.
- If students violate the established rules, policies and procedures of the school, the student may be removed from the camp and course credit may not be granted. (Subject to the administrator's review, per Student Code of Conduct).
For any questions about our Champion Camp, please contact your campus principal.
Please complete the Google form indicating if your student will be participating in Champion Camp by 5pm on Wednesday, May 28th reserve your spot. If your student will need transportation from the North Duncanville campus, please include that on the form as well.
We look forward to working with you and your student this summer.
Advantage Academy Academics Department